Thursday 19 February 2015

새해 복 많이 받으세요 ^^ and..... Here comes the Wraithlord

Happy (Chinese) New Year - sheep or something I think this one o.O
Mymeara Wraithlord

To celebrate I stayed home and finally finished up the Mymeara Wraithlord I brought back from Ireland. First Eldar anything I've painted in over 10 years and I decided to do it in what might be the most tricky craftworld colour scheme going to pull off - that of Mymeara. For it you either need to use an airbrush (I don't nor do I intend for figs; spray, spray, done.....kinda takes the fun out of it for me) or get used to a shitload of wet and 2brush blending, which I did. I've never painted one of these new style wraithlords before (ok, so they're not exactly NEW now) as when I was last painting it was the old white metal ones - smaller, less parts and nowhere near as awesome as the current ones.
The arms and head are magnetised and the weapon loadouts and hands are pinned so everything is interchangeable. I think I mentioned all this before so 'nuff said!
Mymeara Wraithlord

I mentioned the base wet-blended layers before and the colours used. The highlight layers were done with Temple Guard Blue (2brush blending) which was a joy to use and Sybarite Green (2brush blending but ended up having to do more line highlights due to the assholish nature of the paint) which was an absolute pain in the ass to try and blend with. Jewels are done with Xereus purple.
Anyways, 'nuff technical stuff. I put it here more as a reminder for myself in the future bcs I know I'll never write it down and I still have a Wave Serpent waiting to be painted up later.


All in all though - the Wraithlord fig is an absolute beaut to paint and have. For all the whinging and bitching and moaning folk do about GW (seriously though....the Harlequin thread on DkDk is full of it) and their prices.......you get what you pay for. GW models are awesome quality and detail. The new Harli figs have been blowing folk away. Yet still there's the moaning twats who want something for next to nothing.....'you don't like it.....find another bloody hobby'.


Anyways......well happy with how the Wraithlord turned out. Gonna take a break from Eldar and head back to DV next. Need to finish up the Chaos CC squad and then get the Ravenwing squad sorted. Urrghhh - back to work next week too - lol. Happy New Year all ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment